Sunday 17 July 2011

Fabulous Bakin' Boys Honey and Fruit Flapjack

I grabbed this at a half price discount, and having eaten (and been impressed by) the regular Fabulous Bakin’ Boys Flapjack variety before I had high hopes for this Honey and Fruit version.

Tucking in, I was aware at how gooey it was in my hands, with a moist and slightly sticky (in a good way) crumb. The buttery aroma and familiar rich oaty taste were both evident, but surprisingly the fruit, seeds and honey, (which should be making it distinct) seemed to lack any contribution to the flavour. A few more bites in, and I could begin to sense a honey-ish hint and could notice a small textural change with the other embellishments, but they didn’t contribute much else.

The fantastic flapjack at the core of the product dominated the other aspects of it, and was enjoyable for that alone. Its just a real shame the additional constituents were not as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment